WHAT: An adoption fair! It's this cool idea, that we get together a whole bunch of rescue organizations at one great location, and add a raffle and a CHARITY DOG WASH and all sorts of other fun stuff. Come along and meet your new best friend -- or, if you already have a bestest friend, bring them to get clean and help a great cause -- and maybe win something delicous, chewy, or snuggly prize!
Join Copper's Dream, Grateful Dog Rescue, and more great organizations at our spacious location!
WHEN: Saturday September 19, 12-3PM
WHERE: CITIPETS' PLAYGROUND 2253 Shafter Ave San Francisco, CA 94124
- Bay Woof - News with Bite
- Ma Snax Superior Dog Treats
- Favorite Pet Products Your wholesale supplier of Enchantacat Premium Catnip, Tiger Dreamz Luxury Pet Beds & Tiki Toys
- Eco PAWZ Grain Free Treats and Raw Food for Dogs and Cats
- Ross Taylor Originals
- West Paw Made in America with pets at heart, and the planet in mind®
- Earthbath Totally natural pet care
- Aussie Naturals All Natural, Eco Friendly | Pet Safe Products
For more info call 415-282-3330
Check out our event page on Facebook.
Get event info through EventBrite.
Wonderful trainer Patricia Mcconnell has some great reminders for us as the Fourth of July comes up. Here are the first thee items on her thoughtful list:
- First and foremost, don’t take your dog out to a July 4th celebration! Period. Even super stable dogs who appear oblivious to loud sounds can be affected by just one especially loud boom. Sometimes you won’t see the symptoms until long after the event, so don’t assume a dog who looks “just fine” isn’t being affected by loud noises.
- Better safe than sorry: Be sure that your dog has identification on at all times. Even the most responsible of owners can end up with a dog who slips its collar and runs away (or goes out of a window) during an especially loud burst of sound. Many dogs are lost during firework displays and thunderstorms; don’t let it be one of yours.
- If you know that your dog is sound sensitive, plan ahead. Stay home if you can, keep your dog in a quiet place as far away from exterior walls and windows as possible, and consider a range of tools to help a fearful dog cope, from body wraps like “Thundershirts” to soothing music to medication for truly serious cases (for more information, see links below).
Read more of her suggestions and recommendations here.
On Sale all this month at CITIPETS: We've taken 20% off all our soft, comfy bedding: beds and blankets and crate pads!
We have the best selection of beds, blankets, and crate pads we've ever had in stock and they all inspire us to want to curl up and take naps on them ourselves!
|Rover Mattress Company||FYDO (For Your Dogs Only)|
|West Paw||Bessie and Barnie|
And check out our newest product: the 2-in-1 Milo Pet Hut from Urban Paw!
Does your pup love to snuggle in a den sometimes, but want to be "part of the action" at others?
- With its 2-in-1 design, your pet can enjoy privacy or be social with the push of a hand.
- In cuddler form, your pet can be social while staying cool and relaxed.
- In hut form, 360 degrees of coverage gives your pet privacy and security for deep rest.
- The Milo has a removable insert that makes getting rid of odors and small messes easy.
- The entire product is washer and dryer safe for larger messes.
- The bottom is made from a tough oxford cloth that resists dirt and water.
Stop by CITIPETS today to pick one up for your best friend!
If you've been following the news, you'll know there is a serious outbreak of Canine Influenza going around the U.S. It has already been documented in California. There is not yet a vaccine for this strain of the dog flu, so for the moment this is a serious concern.
At CITIPETS, we take your dog's health as seriously, and we are working very hard to try and keep our customers as healthy as possible. But to succeed, we need your help. If you are a client of CITIPETS, and
if you see your dog coughing, sneezing, or showing signs of a runny nose or fever, please call usand let us know that your best friend can't come play with us at the Playground, or go for walkies with the other dogs, until you and your dog have had a chance to go to the vet and get Canine Flu (or other contagious disease) ruled out.
If you think your dog might be sick:
Keep her home
Take her to the vet
Don't let her interact with other dogs until you know the diagnosis
Thank you for working with us on this, for the good of all our beloved pets.
More information here:
We've just gotten a new video tour of the Playground done! If you've been wondering if you want to try daycare or boarding with us, check out this video, and we'll try to answer all your questions!
Are you leaving town for Valentine's Day and can't take your best friend with you? (Or perhaps that might get in the way of the romance...?) Not to worry, CITIPETS' Playground has availability for boarding over the holiday season! Our dedicated staff will shower your best friend with love and affection so you can rest easy knowing they'll have a fantastic time, getting lots of attention from our dedicated staff and their new doggie friends. And don't forget that we are a cage-free facility; our guests are never left alone, and get lots of activity and attention!
Book your dog now! Call (415) 282-3330 or contact us through this website.
Please Note: First time clients will need to contact us one week in advance so you and your dog can come in for a tour and temperament test before we can book your your dog for an overnight.